- Crossdressing Voices: Homer's half-sister Abbie looks and acts very much like a female Homer, and to complete the resemblance, Dan Castellaneta voices Abbie.
- Executive Meddling: Tony Blair's cameo was scripted to have him welcome the Simpsons with a garland of Newcastle coal, and hand Marge a corgi. Blair's director of communications Alastair Campbell had them changed, saying the Prime Minister would only guest star if he could promote tourism in Great Britain.
- What Could Have Been:
- Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury was scripted to have a role in the episode - acting as a tour guide and showing some of his relatives around London. A fan of the show, he was keen to do it, but had to drop out due to other commitments.
- Writers wanted to include a musician in there - with David Bowie or Morrissey being the leading contenders.
- There was a scene written for David and Victoria Beckham to be seen bickering in the street. They were dropped after the writers felt they weren't famous enough in the US for people to get the joke.
Trivia / The Simpsons S 15 E 4 The Regina Monologues