- Cut Song: "Hullaba Lula", a song sung by Sideshow Bob about him framing Bart for killing Krusty. However, the producers couldn't obtain the rights to parody "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah". It can be found on the "Testify" album as the first bonus track (although the album's booklet incorrectly states it as being meant for "Simpsons Tall Tales").
- Edited for Syndication:
- Oddly, the punchline to Marge's comment about it being "good for a show to go off the air before it becomes stale and repetitive" where Smithers comes in saying that Maggie had just shot Mr. Burns again is removed in syndicated releases, resulting in an Orphaned Setup.
- Also removed in syndication is most of Chief Wiggum's scene near the end of Act II (specifically the parts where he takes a swipe at George W. Bush and gets in a fight with Lou over a Krustyburger Laffymeal mini-pinball toy) and non-speaking cameos by Ron Howard and Gary Coleman at the red carpet of Krusty's last show using their respective appearances from "When You Dish Upon a Star" and "Grift of the Magi".
- Missing Trailer Scene: FOX's trailer for this episode had a scene where a horrified Lisa exclaims that Bart's "become a brainwashed killing machine" upon which an unimpressed Homer nonchalantly replies "So was I at his age."
- Unintentional Period Piece: There's a parody of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? during the manic success that show enjoyed in its first few months.
- What Could Have Been: Krusty's reason for why his old episodes being taped over isn't a big loss ("The show didn't really get funny until we fired Sideshow Bob and hired whose-its") was originally "Most shows don't really hit their stride till the twelfth season."
Trivia / The Simpsons S 12 E 13 Day Of The Jackanapes