- Actor-Shared Background: Patricia Richardson grew up in a military household, just like her character Andy did, with the added benefit of Andy herself joining the Army.
- The Character Died with Him: Actor Richard Biggs, who played Andy's love interest Dr. Milo Morton in season 4, died of a sudden aortic dissection in May of 2004, which caused his character to be written off, being killed by a drunk driver.
- Dawson Casting: A slight inversion. Lu reveals her age as 30 in one of the first episodes, but Rosa Blasi was 27 when the show started.
- The Red Stapler: A number of women who watched the show when they were younger were inspired to become nurses themselves because of it.
- Written-In Infirmity: Lu's pregnancy was because of Rosa Blasi's Real Life one.
Trivia / Strong Medicine