- Acting for Two: In part IV: Gilded Cages, the roles of Nathaniel and Reginald are meant to be double cast due to Uncanny Family Resemblance. These parts were played that way in the original production by actor Jeremiah O'Sullivan.
- All There in the Manual: It's never actually mentioned what Nathaniel does for a living, besides a brief self-identification as a "finance man" in Vivat Regina. It takes reading the Word of God on the official website to know that he works for his family's venture capital firm.
- Author Phobia: Mrs. Hawking's perception of her pregnancy and childbirth as a horrible experience draws from Roberts's own fears on the subject.
- Similarly, Mrs. Hawking's fears of the physical decline of growing older beginning with Base Instruments.
- Creator Couple: Phoebe Roberts and Bernie Gabin.
- Inspiration for the Work: The idea for the titular hero came from playwright Phoebe Roberts's fascination with lone wolf warrior-detective characters of the likes of Sherlock Holmes and Batman, but being frustrated that these characters were never women. That, combined with a longtime collaboration with actor Frances Kimpel who served as the physical model, lead the the creation of Mrs. Hawking
- Mythology Gag: In part IV: Gilded Cages, Nathaniel refers to Sergeant Arthur Swann as "[Mary's] nice policeman." This was incorporated into the dialogue because Circe Rowan, the longtime actress playing Mary, always referred to the Arthur character as such.
- Production Nickname:
- Cari Keebaugh, who plays Mrs. Hawking, wore a hairpiece to differentiate young Victoria from older Mrs. Hawking in Gilded Cages. She called it "Harriet."
- Word of Saint Paul: Frances Kimpel, the original actor to portray Mrs Hawking, has some very insightful things to say in an interview about the nature of her character.
- Circe Rowan, the second actress to portray Mary Stone, was interviewed here on the character in preparation for the Arisia 2016 performances.
- Word of God: Tons and tons of it, in the form of blog posts on the offical website.
Trivia / Mrs Hawking