- Breakaway Pop Hit: Limp Bizkit's cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes" was, in fact, recorded for this film's soundtrack, with references to it in the music video. While the song is by no means beloved, it's significantly more popular that the film, which has mostly faded into obscurity.
- Fake American: Spanish Penélope Cruz and English Bernard Hill played Chloe Sava and Phil Parsons, respectively, both Americans.
- Romance on the Set: Robert Downey Jr. met his current wife, Susan Levin (one of the film's producers), while making this movie.
- Throw It In!: The pool scene was added in to increase suspense.
- What Could Have Been: A planned ending was to have the inmates in the hospital riot (killing Sheriff Ryan in the process), but they couldn't figure out a way to get Miranda back inside the hospital, as she had escaped twice already.
- Written-In Infirmity: Halle Berry broke her arm during filming; an injury was duly written in to explain away her plaster cast. It actually works quite well...
Trivia / Gothika