- Referenced by...: For the first half of the rhythm dance of Canadian ice dancers Natalie D'Alessandro and Bruce Waddell during the 2019-2020 competitive season, they perform to "He Loves and She Loves."
- Revival by Commercialization: Rhapsody in Blue is probably best known today for its usage as United Airlines' official song.
- Short-Lived Big Impact: Died at the age of 38, but had an incredible impact on basically every form of music.
- Signature Song: Rhapsody in Blue, "Summertime"
- Throw It In!: The famous clarinet glissando at the start of Rhapsody in Blue was a silly little musical prank that Gershwin liked so much that he wrote it into the score.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: He only had about a month to write Rhapsody in Blue after learning that Paul Whiteman had told the press that he would be debuting a new Gershwin orchestral piece at an upcoming concert. Whiteman hadn't said a word to Gershwin about this.
Trivia / George Gershwin