- Actor-Shared Background: Like Balraj and Kiran, Naveen Andrews and Indira Varma were raised in England.
- Breakaway Pop Hit: Parodied, according to Word of God. Bollywood films often cast celebrities in minor roles to sing this kind of song (called an 'item number'). This is why Ashanti appears to sing two songs.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Aishwarya Rai gained twenty pounds, feeling it was better that Lalita look more realistic and not like a fashion model.
- Executive Meddling: A portion of the film happening in England is due to the UK Film Council only agreeing to give funding if some filming took place in England.
- Fake American: Martin Henderson (Darcy) is from New Zealand.
- Fake Brit: Wickham is played by Canadian born New Zealander Daniel Gillies.
- Throw It In!:
- "No life without wife" is an old saying from the director's father.
- The background dancers in "A Marriage Has Come To Town" were all locals cast from the Sikh temple. The director told them just to have fun and not care whether they could sing or dance.
Trivia / Bride and Prejudice