- Several of the deaths, including those of Billy, Willie, and Petra Yolga.
- As Petra and Viktor lie down, gravely wounded from the fight with the Yakuza, Petra is completely resigned to the possibility that she will die.
- Billy breaks down after he and Marcus manage to kill his dad. It's a painful reminder that for all that he's been trained to kill people, he's still just a kid. Meanwhile, Marcus tries to put a comforting hand on his shoulder, but he's still too stoned to offer much emotional support.
- As Lin threatens to expel Marcus and spells out for him just how screwed he'll be without Kings Dominion to protect him, all Marcus is thinking about is his friends. The fear of losing them is what breaks him.
Sink with California
- Lin's reaction as he realizes that he can't stop Gao from abducting his daughter.