- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is a sad song in itself. The video makes it even more effective. At the very end, Liv Tyler is reaching out to touch Steven Tyler (her father) through the TV monitors, before the band's performance goes to static. Considering this is from the movie, she looks heartbroken... and considering that Liv didn't even know Steven was her father until she was nine...
- "Janie's Got a Gun" and "Uncle Salty" are big time Tear Jerkers when you pay attention to the lyrics.
- "Hole in My Soul" also deserves a mention. The music video sums a lot showing nerdy guy getting heartbroken thanks to spoiled popular girls and abusive jocks.
- When played in the right context, "Dream On" can be one.
- "Boogie Man". It's not even a sad song either; it's a soft, dreamy and downright nostalgic sounding instrumental that makes you long for better days.
Tear Jerker / Aerosmith