The Revolution (or The American Revolution) is The History Channel show.
The premise of this show is the chronicle of the founding of America and profiles of key figures. Namely, it focuses on the events occurring between December 1773 and 1783.
This show aired from June 04, 2006 to August 27, 2006, and it has 13 episodes.
For other works by this name, see Revolution.
Tropes in this series:
- Badass Baritone: The narrator of the series, Edward Herrmann (who narrated several History specials before his death in 2014) has a very regal and authoritative one.
- Conscription: In the episode "Rebellion to Revolution", African American slaves were conscripted on both the American and British sides.
- Mini Series: This show has 13 episodes in total.
- The Quisling: In the episode "Treason & Betrayal", Benedict Arnold. He started out by fighting for the Americans. But he went to the British hoping to get gold and recognition.
- Rebel Leader: George Washington of the Continental Army.