The structure of the game lent toward quite a lot of RPs made in its verse, and now we have one on TV Tropes.
The story goes that the dungeon teams, together with the guild, have been sent out, and hoo boy, could things get any better for our little wide eyed idealists...
They are adventurers, they help people, and they get stronger...
But then, well, around Page 30 or so, it got worse. It got a lot worse.
Turns out there are Pokemon versions of Nazis going around exterminating everything that is not a member of the Dragon Egg Group.
And they may well only be the surface of a Cosmic Horror Story...
Welcome to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
Tropes applying to this roleplay are:
- Cowardly Lion: Cleo rather literally.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Started out as a standard RP, then Team Jupiter was nearly killed.
- Chekhov's Skill: Jeff might've died when fighting Gold had he not learned toxic earlier.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: A few of the RPers dropped out. Fortunately, this didn't affect the characters in the RP itself much.
- Unfortunately, the GM got hit by this, forcing the RP to go into a different direction.
- Fantastic Racism: The Pure Claw Legion
- Guest-Star Party Member: Officer Baibanira for Team Jupiter.
- Kill It with Fire: Unfortunately Team Jupiter consists of a Grass Type and a Grass/Steel type along with Electric type Cleo. There was a good reason Cleo learned Aqua Tail.
- Large Ham: Tyson and Blaze Lee.
- Memetic Mutation: "I know what your thinking: 'Did he use two swords dances or max em out with three?' Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this a Razor leaf, the only Physical move that uses projectiles and would knock you right outta the sky, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?!"
- Off the Rails: The Pure Claw Legion plot. It's only affecting one rescue team as of now though.
- Running Gag: Team J4D3 has no arms.
- The Power of Friendship: Tyson quite believes in this.
- Puzzle Boss: As Gold was at least at level 64 there was no way the teenage level members of Team Jupiter was going to actually win. Cleo escaped using the stairs and Jeff stalled him out with Toxic till he decided to flee.
- Villain Protagonist: The members of Team Striker in the sense that they are Player Characters as well as the heroes.