With Yuzu's condition unknown after her crash, Sergey rides back into the arena laughing about his victory, but no one else is laughing. He's subdued by Security and taken away, and the next match is announced - Yuya vs Shinji. Yuya is desperate to make sure Yuzu is safe, but no one knows anything yet. Shinji tells him it's more likely no one cares; Yuzu lost and the Tops doesn't care about her anymore. It's a terrible world that he's trying to change, and he intends to attempt to incite rebellion in the Commons. Yuya protests dueling isn't important now, but Shinji reminds him that dueling and winning is the way to get through to these people. Meanwhile, Security reports to Roget that they found Yuzu's D-Wheel, but Yuzu herself is missing; Sora found her and took her to the Commons.
The duel begins, and Shinji takes the first turn and sets up a swarming strategy of Bee Force monsters that can inflict effect damage. Yuya counters with a Pendulum Summon and goes on the offensive, but Shinji stops his attack and reinforces his field with the Synchro monster "Bee Force - Azusa the Spirit Bow" on his next turn, which raises the effect damage his other monsters deal. As he duels, Shinji calls out for Commons to rise up with him as he did before, but Yuya has trouble focusing due to his concern for Yuzu. As Shinji activates a combo that will deplete Yuya's life points, Sora calls out to Yuya from the rooftops and runs alongside the duel. Yuya sees Yuzu's helmet in his grasp, and realizes Sora rescued her.
Reinvigorated, Yuya flips his D-Wheel in the air to grab an Action Card and save himself. He reaffirms his vows to end the dimensional war to himself, and begins his turn. He summons Timesword Magician and uses it to destroy Azusa, but Shinji retains his other effect damage monsters. Though Yuya is now serious about the duel, Shinji reminds him he is fighting for thousands of Commons citizens. Around the city and in the stadium, Commons citizens stand up and draw with Shinji as he begins his next turn.
This episode contains examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Question: Attempted by the Council. They pointedly ask Reiji what he thinks now about having rejected Roget's plan given how it's unfolding.
- Big Heroic Run: Sora, when chasing Yuya to deliver the message that Yuzu is safe. And he's running on the rooftops.
- Big Word Shout: "YUUUUYAAAAAA!"
- Chekhov's Gun: Gap Power doesn't achieve much in this episode, but returns with a vengeance in the next.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: At this point, Shinji could very well be taking some of Lenin's speeches and adding in card games.
- Everyone Has Standards: Apparently even City's Bread and Circuses can only go so far. The crowd is disgusted with Sergey when he arrives back at the stadium after almost killing Yuzu.
- Fun Size: Timesword Magician is this to Timegazer Magician. Timesword Magician's hair also makes him look like a kid version of Yuto.
- Made of Iron: Yuzu, arguably. She was shot through a window in the previous episode but shows no signs of bleeding despite being unconscious and rather battered.
- Pet the Dog: Sora saves Yuzu and goes out of his way to signal to Yuya that she's okay.
- Villainous Rescue: It's debatable how much of a villain Sora is, but he is a member of Academia and saves Yuzu from falling into Jean-Michel Roget's clutches.