C.J. and the rest of the senior staff struggle to decide what to do after the inauguration.
This episode contains these tropes:
- Absentee Actor: Josh, Donna, Annabeth, Abbey, Vinnick and Bartlet do not appear in the episode proper though the last two are in the Previously On.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: C.J. has a nice moment with Toby towards the end of the episode, even though she's admittedly still quite mad at him.
- A Day in the Limelight: A very C.J-centric episode.
- The Bus Came Back: Toby appears for the first time in a while.
- The Pardon: Andy asks C.J. to suggest one for Toby to the President.
- Passing the Torch: The Bartlet White House is in the midst of preparing for the Santos White House.
- That Wasn't a Request: Santos won't take no for an answer from C.J. She turns him down regardless.
- Will They or Won't They?: C.J. and Danny continue to struggle with what their relationship is.
- Workaholic: C.J. is this even with only two weeks left in the White House much to the chagrin of the other staffers and Danny. It's heavily implied that it's only because she's trying to avoid thinking about what to do with the rest of her life once the Bartlet administration is over.