Summary: Ono must fill in for a rhino's seeing-eye bird while the Guard helps the rhino and tickbird resolve their differences.
This episode contains examples of:
- Artistic License Biology. Yeah, about that rhino and tickbird song...
- A Dog Named "Dog": Kifaru means "rhinoceros" in Swahili.
- Berserk Button: Hurt or threaten Kifaru's friends, and he'll have no problem head-butting you! Makuu learns that the hard way.
- Big Damn Heroes: Kifaru arrives to rescue Mwenzi from Makuu before the former is eaten. The rescue attempt fails when Kifaru charges straight past Makuu and crashes into a tree.
- Blind Mistake: Due to his poor eyesight, Kifaru can't navigate properly without someone telling him which way to go. Truth in Television: rhinos often rely on scent rather than sight to move around.
- Feud Episode: The episode revolves around Kifaru the rhino and Mwenzi the tickbird having a falling-out, with the Guard trying to restore their friendship.
- Interspecies Friendship: They even have a song about rhinos and tickbirds being friends for a long time.
- Meaningful Name: Mwenzi means "companion" in Swahili.
- Not What It Looks Like: Just when the Guard convinces Mwenzi to reconcile with Kifaru, they find the rhino complimenting Ono's duties as honorary tickbird. Mwenzi, thinking he's been replaced, flies off in a rage.