Scientists tap into the Morphin Grid, but an evil virus corrupts the technology and a new team of Power Rangers is formed to defend the Grid from evil.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Rangers and Nate teleport Blaze and Roxy's Avatars (along with Evox) out of the lab, but they know that they'll be back. In addition, the real Blaze and Roxy are "asleep", and will not awake until their Avatars are destroyed. Despite that, the team of Rangers are filled, and Devon, Ravi, and Zoey are ready to begin training.
- Chekhov's Gun: The teleportation system Nate showed Mayor Daniels to teleport the Rangers weaponry is used to teleport Blaze and Roxy's Avatars out of the lab.
- Continuity Nod: Mayor Daniels mentions Rita, Sledge and Galvanax, even acknowledging that at least one of these villains came from another dimension.
- Establishing Character Moment:
- Devon goofs off and listens to music during a martial arts class, claiming that he's waiting for it to get more challenging. Blaze tries to put him in his place, only to find Devon actually is his equal. This just makes him even angrier, while Devon attempts to talk him down.Devon: Careful. Someone's gonna get hurt.
Blaze: That someone is you!
- We quickly learn why Devon doesn't exactly respect authority figures, as Blaze IS his instructor; he's the Mayor's son, and it's clear the two don't get along. The next scene in the limo further expands.
- Ravi calling Blaze out immediately on attacking Devon shows that this isn't merely a moment of weakness; Blaze definitely has an attitude problem, compounded by Blaze in turn rebuffing Ravi's reprimand.
- Devon goofs off and listens to music during a martial arts class, claiming that he's waiting for it to get more challenging. Blaze tries to put him in his place, only to find Devon actually is his equal. This just makes him even angrier, while Devon attempts to talk him down.
- Jump Scare: Evox suddenly pops up inside the Morph-X tank and snarls at Devon, causing him to freak out.
- You Have to Believe Me!: Devon says this even as he's being dragged off by the security team while he's trying to warn them about the snake-like virus that's invaded their systems. Even though Blaze arrogantly calls him crazy, Commander Shaw tells Nate to do another virus scan to double check.