Leslie gets Pawnee Journal reporter Shauna Mulwae-Tweep to do a story about her and the park idea to generate positive publicity. She gives her team advice on how to handle the interview and consults with Mark about possible topics.
During the interview, Leslie panics at even the most basic questions. Then Ann and Andy get into an argument after Andy admits he was drunk when he fell into the pit. Leslie asks Mark to fix the situation. Leslie and Shauna set up a meeting for the next morning at the pit. Leslie fails to notice Shauna leaving with Mark.
The next morning, Shauna arrives at the pit, late, driven by Mark. Leslie deduces that she spent the night with Mark and is very upset. She once again screws up the interview.
Leslie meets up with Ann and tells her about Mark and Shauna. Leslie yells at Mark about his behavior and he resigns from the subcommittee. She then meets with Shauna for a do-over interview, and Shauna informs her that Mark doesn't think the park will get built.
Ann approaches Mark and tells him that he has to fix the situation. However, when he and Ann meet with Shauna, he mentions that he doesn't think they're "romantically involved".
Mark apologizes to Leslie and she lets him back on the subcommittee. When the article comes out, it is a mix of good and bad, but Leslie is still optimistic.
Ron and Tom regularly play online Scrabble, and Tom always loses to Ron. He does this on purpose. April gets on his account and scores a huge amount of points. Tom reassures Ron that it wasn't him and that he's too stupid to know many words. Ron later admits that he knows Tom is letting him win, but he likes Tom so he puts up with it.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Andy admits he was drunk when he fell in the pit.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: A non-villainous example - Mark and Leslie had a one-night stand years ago. Leslie has been hung up on it since then whereas Mark forgot about it because he's had so many one-night stands already.
- The Casanova: Mark has had a lot of brief flings and one-night stands.
- Running Gag:
- Andy's band's ever-changing name.
- The graphic murals in City Hall depicting Pawnee's history.
- Shout-Out: Ron and Tom play Scrabble.