When Horace gets put in traction, he gets substituted by a cheetah teacher, who Coach Gills is quickly smitten with.
- An Aesop: Cheaters never prosper.
- Callback: Adam makes a callback to things that Principal Pixiefrog did in three previous episodes. Him starting up a grub drive, to make money for school supplies in "Grub Drive", the brief cutaway gag of him welcoming a dangerous predatory bird to the school in "Mongoosed", and that time he established and un-established a dress code in "Uniformity".
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Mr. Cheetah was cheating in the competitions against Coach Gills. When this was pointed out, he had to give up and quit.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: People can apparently hear Coach Gills' internal monologues, where she describes her love and burning passion for Mr. Cheetah.
- Hidden Depths: Jake thinks up a complicated math problem in his head.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Mr. Cheetah was cheating in the contest with Coach Gills. This is already so unfunny, an explanation would be kicking it while it's down.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: When Mr. Cheetah substituted Horace, he was really replacing him, hopefully forever. During his time as the new permanent assistant coach, he kept outshining the primary coach, until he replaced her. He would have moved on to replacing Principal Pixiefrog and taking over the school if our heroes hadn't stepped in to stop him.