"Was my life always this crazy?"
Tari has warped into the video game; Ultra Jump Mania! With the guidance of Theo, what trials will Tari face in a game where terror looms around every corner?
Following up immediately from the end of the last episode, Tari, whilst trying out Ultra Jump Mania
for the first time, suddenly finds herself on the starting level of Simpleflip Island, where she comes across the game's hero, Theo aka Coconut Boy. As she tries to traverse the level with Theo, she discovers she has the abilities to analyze info about the world she's in, discovering new ways to master the game. Meanwhile, in the real world, the TASCorp scientists investigate Tari's frozen body, with their boss, Lucks, realizing the potential for her mysterious ability to make his company even more powerful...
Episode 2 provides examples of:
- Body Horror: The tampering on Tari's arm causes so much pain on her in the digital world, circuitboard-like patterns to start spreading on her frozen body in the real world.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Ultra Jump Mania has a $9.95 DLC to unlock the golden key needed to get past the big gate in the first level. Tari opts instead to glitch her way over it.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Theo having been pulled into the real world.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Belle, despite verbally dismissing Tari in the last episode, is a bit unsettled by the pain inflicted on Tari by the TASCorp scientists tampering with her Meta Runner arm, even trying to plead to Lucks to make them stop.
- Evil Counterpart: Lucks uses what basically looks like an evil Theo in order to talk to Tari in the game.
- Palmtree Panic: Simpleflip Island.
- Refugee from TV Land: Theo is brought from Ultra Jump Mania into the real world by the end of the episode, unintentionally on Tari's part.
- Wham Shot: When Tari is forcibly pulled out of the game world, we then see Theo, a game character, in the real world.