Again picking up right where the last episode left off, Theo has now been pulled out of his game and into reality. Lucks, now even more impressed, offers Tari a chance to join TASCorp. Tari, still fresh off her pain, refuses to join him, and she and Theo make a break for it, running through the streets of Silica City with a group of mooks led by Lucks' number-one Meta Runner, Belle, in hot pursuit.
Episode 3 provides examples of:
- Brought Down to Normal: Theo finds himself unable to use any of his supernatural abilities in the real world. Though it doesnt stop him from putting up a fight with and escaping from some TAS Corp grunts.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends on Tari being captured, and with Lamar being introduced, whos well intent on rescuing her.
- Evolving Credits: Theo's seen sitting next to Tari in the opening in this episode.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In the scenes where Theo accidentally livestreams, a certain someone is seen messaging Tari and Theo in the chat...Animeking20: Yo girl you gotta bounce from that Steam Lab ASAP!Animeking20: Seriously ma man you gotta get the hell outta there!
- Split-Screen Reaction: The episode opens with this, with Tari, Belle, and Lucks all being taken aback by Theo appearing in the real world.