Jane: This is more important.
Jane worries when Rogelio doesn't respond to news of her engagement. Rafael and Petra adjust to having the twins. Alba reunites with an old flame. Jane and Michael try to regain his parents' approval.
- Arch-Enemy: Discussed. Michael's parents hate each other, but not like they're arch-enemies in a comic book. Otherwise subverted, as their suspicion of Jane puts them on the same page.
- As Himself: Jose Diaz-Balart.
- The Bechdel Test: Discussed with Jane's new faculty advisor, who is dismayed at how many romance writers fail it. The criteria for passing it is even shown on screen. Later, the narrator points out that her scenes with Alba and Xo fail it, as they talk about Pablo and Michael.
- Big Damn Heroes: Michael arrives at Rogelio's place just as Lola's about to start their Murder-Suicide.
- Dance of Romance: A tango between old flames Alba and Pablo.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: An In-Universe example where Rafael and Petra's nurses hit on Rafael in their native language.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Jane and Xo are finally convinced something's up with Rogelio when he doesn't react to her engagement to Michael. Likewise, Michael realizes something's wrong after he notices that Rogelio didn't pick up his cosmetic delivery.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Michael's parents tell him that he shouldn't be marrying her.
- Somebody Doesn't Love Raymond: Xo points out that Jane has a compulsive need to be liked, and it's why Michael's parents disapproving of her bothers her so much.
- Walking Wasteland: Apparently, Alba believes Pablo Alonso Segura is cursed because no plants ever grew again in the garden where they had sex.