Liv looks into the murder of a pregnant woman and becomes overwhelmed with maternal instinct upon consuming her brains.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Ravi's experiment with the rats was suppose to yield a cure for zombism, instead we have an intelligent feral zombie who broke out of his cage to kill the other test subjects.
- Incompatible Orientation: A rare temporary example; Lowell eats the brain of someone gay, just as his relationship with Liv is heating up. He promises that his next brain will be "ludicrously straight," and discusses the idea of digging up Wilt Chamberlain.
- Mama Bear: Liv gets this from the victim's brain, especially when it comes to the scumbag boyfriend, asking him if he knows how to take care of his child.
- Missing White Woman Syndrome: A reporter criticizes the police captain for devoting all of his resources to the murder of an upper middle class white girl, but none to the missing kids from the skate park. A Justified Trope since he's covering up the missing kids for Blaine.
- Reality Ensues: Major breaks into the Candyman's car and gets arrested by the police.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Liv and her mom send some snark at each other:Liv's mom: Pediatric medicine...a wonderful application of your talents.
Liv: Questioning my life choices, a familiar application of yours.
- Wham Episode: This is sort of an anti-Wham Episode. Last episode, Liv and Ravi realized that Blaine was behind the murders at the skatepark. In this episode, he (through the captain of the homicide department) manages to shift the blame over to a random pair of kidnappers by burying the bodies in their back yard, making Liv and Ravi think they were just jumping to conclusions.