Summary: As the battle for the portal continues, Mewtwo journeys into Shadow's mind and confronts a powerful enemy influencing the hedgehog for its own nefarious agenda.
This episode contains examples of:
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Mewtwo and Shadow vs. Phantom Ganon.
- Combination Attack: Lucario and Captain Falcon pull to defeat Black Shadow. Thinking it's some cheap "two-part attack," he doesn't buy it at first, leaving him open to Lucario's Force Palm.
- Fighting a Shadow: The phantom that Mewtwo & Shadow fight ends up being nothing more than an offshoot of the real Phantom Ganon.
- Game Show Host: Phantom Ganon imitates one following his defeat, mockingly congratulating Mewtwo and Shadow for winning a hollow victory.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Mewtwo travels inside Shadow's psyche to purge Phantom Ganon's influence.
- Storming the Castle: Ganondorf's army marches on Bowser's castle at the end of the episode, and are mentioned to have already assaulted Peach's castle.
- We Have Ways of Making You Talk: Sheik threatens to beat Leon into submission, expressing some delight in using her chain.
- Xanatos Gambit: Though the rebellion is vanquished, it allowed for Ganondorf to amass his army and lay waste to both the Mushroom Kingdom and Koopa Kingdom without any interference.