Emily and Josh's spring break gets postponed when they learn that Candice isn't doing well in school. Meanwhile, Alex and Bridgette substitute for Emily and Josh's spot at the condominium, so they can have hot, nasty divorce sex, but Bridgette's incessant social media posting drives Alex into the arms of a hippie chick who eschews all modern technology.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: By Candice's standards, anyway: using the lessons she learned from Brainio, she's able to overcome her reading difficulty and destroy Commercial Bot by piecing together how to spell "self-destruct" syllable by syllable.
- Book Dumb: Candice scores poorly on her tests and writes random words and numbers on the chalkboard, claiming she wrote her name.
- Break the Cutie: Candice claims the robot is ruining her life because Emily accidentally let it slip that Candice isnt that smart.
- Character Development: Even though Brainio did turn out evil, it actually did help out Candice because she learned how to read and spell words better.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Candice is a smart little girl and even Wise Beyond Their Years. However, the poor education she got from her old school caused her to score poorly on her test.
- Robot Buddy: Brainio starts out like this, until it reveals it can actually be deadly when Josh tries to hack into it.
- Sucky School: Candices old school was this. The kids ran wild, barely learned anything, and killed a bus driver by tipping over the bus (which he had to pay for with his own money) with him in it.