Apollo and Starbuck find a human sleeper ship drifting in space is brought aboard the Galactica. This leads to argument and debate on whether to awaken its occupants. Their ship is eventually escorted by Apollo, Starbuck, and Cassiopeia to the planet Paradeen, a planet embroiled in a bitter war with the Eastern Alliance.
- Big Bad: Commandant Leiter.
- Children Are Innocent
- Green Aesop: Involving the perils and dangers of terraforming. Sarah explaining how her government engineered the colonists for thinner atmospheres but by doing so prevented them or their descendants from ever returning to their home planet certainly has a very aseop feel to it.
- Grumpy Old Man: Josh Moreland comes across as one at first, but that's mostly fear talking.
- Human Alien: How the people of the Fleet think of the "Earthlings".
- Humans Are Morons: Dr. Salik's attitude towards the Council of Twelve.
- Instant Sedation: In a manner of speaking, Michael is overcome by the pressure of Galactica's atmosphere. Soon collapsing and falling unconscious while trying to confront Reese.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Michael asks Apollo the one question that's been bothering fans all series."Apollo, what's a centon?"
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Apollo and Starbuck's original intentions were only to help the shuttle passengers, not drag them into a political squabble between Adama and the Council.
- Put on a Shuttlecraft: This would be Athena, Boxey and Muffit's last appearance on screen during the series.
- Robot Buddy: The androids Hector and Vector.