A group of fanfiction writers get together to talk about fanfiction, manga, and games...technically.
Their podcasts often turn into a Seinfeldian Conversation about their lives.
The members include:
- Casew W who started out on the sequel to Fairly English Story, Face Every Shadow, but has sinced moved onto his own projects.
- Slicerness, who writes for multiple fandoms.
- King of Zero X, writer of Anti Shadow Suppression Weapon M 1 N 470, and Celestial Suicide Mage, among other works.
- Kenchi618, writer of many a Manga/Naruto and Naruto crossover fic (most of which are at least 30 chapters with several into the 60s), including Better Left Unsaid, The Newest Challenger, and Shinobi of the High Seas.
Sgt-Baker also made an appearance in early episodes, and multiple guests have appeared in several episodes.
Their episodes run for 2 hour apiece(give or take) and tend to cover a wide variety of topics:
- Manga/Bleach and Manga/Naruto make a once weekly appearance as a discussion about the latest chapter and the cast's opinions. Their opinions on the chapters are rarely positive but they try to keep a neutral tone going in and are usually quite happy when a good chapter comes along.
- Their work lives.
- Dark Souls...a lot.
- Whatever game they happen to be playing.
- Questions asked by listeners
- And a weekly recommendation from at least one of them, whether it be a fanfic, game, manga, book, anime, or light novel.
Tropes Present in the Fandom Flux Podcast:
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: At least early on, one of Casey's main jobs was keeping everyone else on topic and away from the segues they found themselves in.
- Conversational Troping: Occurs on occasion, often when they relate the questions asked by viewers to a trope.
- Early Installment Weirdness: While the formula of the show hasn't changed very much, the cast has gotten significantly better about what they are doing and how they're doing it over time.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every episode has Fandom Flux somewhere in the title.
- Title Drop: Several episodes have been named in the middle of the podcast, this is often lampshaded.