Basic Trope: The standard family structure.
- Straight: You have mother Alice, father Bob, son Charlie and daughter Danielle.
- Exaggerated: There's also Eric, Francine, Gerald, Hayley, Ian...
- Downplayed: You have mother Alice, father Bob and son Charlie
- Justified: The family tree had parents have at least two kids.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Danielle isn't actually their daughter, but instead their niece...
- Double Subverted: ...The birth paper work was wrong. Danielle is their daughter.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The family does not consist of a husband, wife, and two kids.
- Enforced: "How can we make our protagonist seem like an average guy?" "I know! Let's give him a wife and two children. Y'know, the standard family structure."
- Lampshaded: "I have two children and a wife"
- Invoked: Bob and Alice, once they marry, agree to have only two kids.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob swears never to marry so that he can avoid having a family.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "You know, the Nuclear Family trope is pretty popular in the Sitcom genre.
Alright kids, back to Nuclear Family.