Basic Trope: The last person the protagonist meets is ultimately his/her true love interest.
- Straight: Bob manages to chase away or reason with all of his many suitors. He then meets Alice, and they fall in love.
- Justified: Bob has broken up with all of his past Love Interests, but he and Alice are ideal for each other.
- Inverted: First Girl Wins
- Subverted: "Alice" turns out to be Bob's first girlfriend, Tiffany, in a disguise. He gives her a second chance.
- Double Subverted: Bob and Tiffany break up, and then Bob meets Claire.
- Parodied: After Alice and Bob have dated for a few months, Bob meets Diane. He immediately leaves Alice, simply because she is no longer the Last Girl.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No one hooks up with the last person they meet.
- Enforced: "We don't have an Official Couple yet, but for the sake of a Happy Ending, we really shouldn't leave Bob single. Let's throw someone in at the last minute."
- Lampshaded: "Finally, I've met the perfect woman! It's too bad I had to find her the hard way, though."
- Invoked: Bob keeps rejecting potential Love Interests until he finds the right person for himself.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob settles down with someone early on.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "It's like they threw her in at the last minute, just so Bob wouldn't remain single. How lazy!"
- Played For Laughs: After Bob has pushed away his Unwanted Harem, he says, "I'm glad that's over." Then, Alice shows up and asks Bob out. He cheerfully accepts.
Back to Last Girl Wins