Basic Trope: A character sees, in dreams, past events he was not present at.
- Straight: Edwige sees a tomb and dreams that night of the murder of the young man buried there. She investigates and finds out that he was actually murdered, which she had not known, and finds an object he carried.
- Exaggerated: Edwige is getting the History of the World in animated color every night.
- Downplayed: Edwige remembers dreaming of the tomb, but it's not clear enough to be sure it was accurate, and it's fuzzy anyway.
- Justified: Edwige is a telepath and doesn't realize it. She's actually Seeing Through Another's Eyes unconciously because her powers are trying to awaken without causing havoc.
- Inverted: Edwige sees a young man as she goes about her day. She dreams about the young man handing her the MacGuffin and telling her that someone is after him. These events happen the following day, and Edwige dies later on. She verifies by seeing his tomb.
- Subverted: Edwige dreams of the murder, and finds out that the details of her dream were definitely wrong.
- Double Subverted: Except that the historical record was tampered with.
- Parodied: Edwige dreams in Deliberately Monochrome of Posthumous Characters pulling pranks on each other. She keeps laughing too hard to stay asleep.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The viewers never see or hear about anybody's dreams.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: Bob is confused about Edwige's premonition. The later explains, "It's like history class, except I'm asleep."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Edwige seeks out locations with historical mysteries and sleeps there, to rouse such dreams.
- Defied: Edwige takes drugs that make her sleep too deeply to dream.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: The events of Edwige's dreams are true and truely morbid. Plus, she doesn't have enough Brain Bleach and is succumbing to Sanity Slippage.
Back to Dreaming of Times Gone By