- Marvel's Spider-Man: Noir is an Elseworlds-esque comic retelling Peter Parker's story in a film noir setting. It's also chock full of disturbing stuff, including...
Norman: Whatsammater, kid? Never been to the freak show?
- A scene of Fancy Dan being covered and consumed by a swarm of palm-sized spiders.
- Peter's nightmare sequence after being bit by one of the same spiders.
- A mutant circus freak version of The Vulture with some interesting dietary quirks that we get to see him indulge in including tearing Ben Parker apart with his hands and teeth.
- The reveal that this world's version of Norman Osborn is called the Goblin because of his horribly deformed face, which he hides behind masks and makeup.
- Kraven the Hunter becoming a living host for the giant spiders.
- And the list goes on.
- The sequel is even more nightmarish, with the subtitle "Eyes Without a Face"...
- The Sandman being an inhumanly strong thug who pops heads like bubble wrap.
- Dr. Otto Octavius conducting strange, forbidden experiments on "the lower races" to make them the perfect slaves. The ultimate fate of Robbie Robertson is that he's almost completely dead to the world and only responds to direct commands involving physical actions. He has a large indented scar on his forehead from the brain surgery performed on him.
Nightmare Fuel / Spider-Man: Noir