Dragon Ball Zeroverse, also known as Dragon Ball Tibetan Edition, is an unofficial continuation of the Dragon Ball manga, with no anime counterpart. It takes place between the end of Z and before Dragon Ball GT. It was made by the Tibet Peoples Publishing House, in the mid nineties, concurrently to GT.
The first part of the manga is basically a rehash of the tournament early in the Babidi saga of Dragon Ball Z, but things start changing pretty quickly. It is soon revealed that a previous villain is back, under the employ of a new Big Bad. As the website says, "[It] explores a parallel universe in the Dragon World, called The Zero Universe.".
Copies of the original are rare, but you can read it online at The Dao of Dragon Ball, where there is an ongoing project to clean up, translate, and upload the pages of the original.
Not to be confused with Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
This manga provides examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: Mister Satan. He plays a much bigger part in the conflict than ever previously. There's even a chapter titled Mr. Satan's Counterattack.
- Also, Supreme Kai. He actually gets a chance to join the fighting, instead of being in his usual role as a supporting character.
- Another Dimension: The titular Zeroverse.
- Big Bad: Jiatai
- Eldritch Abomination: Again, Jiatai, with extreme power and an unnatural transformation. Coming from another dimension doesn't hurt, either.
- Brought Down to Normal: Goku, after deflecting the Zero Universe Energy Ball, pretty much loses his ki powers.
- Demoted to Henchman: Babidi, the big bad of the Babidi Saga, is seen here working for his "Master", Jiatai.
- Evil Counterpart: Jiatai is one for the Dai Kaioshin.
- Hermit Guru: Elder Goma, who lives in a distant part of the universe.
- Mind Manipulation: Done by Babidi to Uub.
- Mysterious Past: The entire Saiyan race. It turns out that, without giving us too much detail, they are far more ancient than previously thought, according to Elder Goma. The ancient Saiyans' power apparently makes end of DBZ Vegeta look like an insect!
- Mythology Gag: Mr. Satan swallowing a Dragon Ball.
- Terrible Trio: Some of the new villains of the work, the Jiatai Force.