Futago (literally "Twins") is an ongoing Josei manga by Iketani Rikako.
Yukari Nagaya is a hard-working horror novelist, living alone in a spacious apartment. She's enjoying her single life until one day, her twin sister, Ayaka, comes to her with a strange request: Could the young man she met on her honeymoon stay with Yukari until he finds a place to live? His name is Naomi, and not only did he rescue Ayaka's purse from a theif, but he accompanied her all throughout what would have been a very lonely honeymoon, as Ayaka's new husband, Mikihito, had to return to Japan for work. On a whim, Yukari decides to allow Naomi to stay.
So begins a very down-to-earth story about love, marriage, and the relationship between twins.
Futago contains examples of the following Tropes:
- Always Identical Twins: Averted: Yukari and Ayaka are fraternal twins.
- Amicable Exes: Yukari and Ayaka's parents.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Naomi.
- Divorce Is Temporary: Seems to be the situation with Yukari and Ayaka's parents... or so they suspect.
- Dysfunction Junction: Where to begin?
- Yukari and Ayaka's parents divorced when the twins were young, splitting the two between them.
- Ayaka's husband cheated on her.
- Ayaka finds out about the above and, instead of confronting him about it, runs away to Yukari's place.
- Naomi is in love with a married woman.
- After Ayaka and Mikihito finally patch things up, it turns out that they're pregnant. And then Ayaka has a miscarriage.
- Naomi ran away from home and is on bad terms with his parents.
- Fiery Redhead: Yukari.
- First-Episode Twist: Naomi is in love with Ayaka.
- Happy Marriage Charade: Ayaka is very bored being a housewife. It gets even worse when she finds out her husband is cheating on her. After that is resolved, they're much more happily married.
- Hikkikomori: Naomi's sister used to be one.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Yukari and Naomi. ...For a while.
- Marriage Before Romance: It takes a while for Ayaka to realize that she really does love Mikihito.
- Marriage of Convenience: Ayaka married Mikihito because she viewed him as reliable and meticulous.
- Married to the Job: Mikihito stays at work very late.
- Yukari is also incredibly dedicated to her work.
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Yukari apparently experiences very painful periods, while Ayaka discovers she's pregnant since she missed one.
- Single-Minded Twins: Averted. Naomi is disappointed that Yukari and Ayaka not only look very different, but act very different as well.
- Twin Telepathy: Yukari and Ayaka test to see if they have it. They do not.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Ayaka tries to be this for her husband.
- Will They or Won't They?: Naomi and Yukari. They do.
- After Ayaka confronts Mikihito for cheating, their relationship starts to crumble even further, leaving one to wonder whether they'll ever get back together. They do.