On a separate arm of the milky way from our own, a planet ruled by six godly figures with powers over the elements resides. After realizing that their powers in bulk may destroy their creation, the gods sought a balance, and decided to recruit two more gods and two guardians of the dead from the planet's residents, the Kendans and the dragons. The two guardians became the Death and Satan of the world, and so far they had only found one worthy of the title of god. However, this one quickly went mad with power, and was nearly sealed away before escaping. In order to combat his possible return, the remaining gods decided to choose six bloodlines meant to protect the world. However, one bloodline died out shortly after the duty was done. As the planet enters an equivalent to our Renaissance, the god returns, bringing several followers with him, including a warrior from the chosen bloodline of wind.
The first chapter can be found here
Has a character sheet
This series will provide examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: Justified in that the story is in a first person perspective, and therefore the viewpoint character would naturally understand.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: Fire breathing dragons have a tendency to do this, although they're more likely to perform a whipping motion.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Several species have eyes that work similiar to a cat's.
- Elemental Powers: The entire Kendan species, with Earth/flora, Water/ice, Fire/magma, Light/electricity, Wind/smoke, and Shadow/hammerspace.
- Enemy Within: Played straight and inverted
- Floating Limbs: A majority of dominant species on the planet use a telekinetic power to keep them hovering.
- Foreign Sounding Gibberish: Imagine an elf trying to speak by interchanging Japanese and several European languages, and you have the unfiltered Kendan language.
- Freudian Excuse
- Identity Amnesia
- Mineral MacGuffin / Amplifier Artifact: Each main hero carries one of six gems that increases their magic abilities and drastically alters their weapons.
- Our Dragons Are Different: These come in two main body types and six subtypes each.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Our Zombies Are Different: Voodoo, Parasite and Construct types exist.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The shorter a Kendan appears, the stronger they may be. Justified since "Strength" would be their telekinetic ability rather than actual muscle.
- Required Secondary Powers: Fire dragons are extremely heatproof, water dragon spit acid, and thus have mucus coated mouths and throats, etc.
- Revision: Eventually, afew backstories were changed in a subtle yet noticable manner, to the point where it looks more like the previous iterations were simply summaries of the recent version.
- Swiss Army Appendage: A biological example; Most of the entire cast is capable of "dropping" one limb and using a replacement.
- Theme Naming
- The Usual Adversaries: The Shaarkazan, graverobbing lizardmen who are intimidatingly tall, but crouch constantly and wear small cloaks to appear shorter.
- Wings Do Nothing: Ghosts have wings that are purely ornamental.