Both Film and Play
- Jenna tells Cal she's pregnant; he says he knew already and won't fire her. As long as she can carry a serving tray and make pies, she's good to go.
- Dawn's song about all her fears about going on a date, because of how relatable her worries are.
- The nurse not telling anyone about the affair. She's snarky about it but gives Jenna the advice she came for about her baby.
- Joe leaving Jenna full ownership of the pie shop. Cal (a renamed Jim from the movie) doesn't even mind that his former waitress is now technically his boss!
- Ogie and Jim teaching Lulu some basic mathematics.
- At the Broadway show, there was a large plaque dedicating the show to Adrienne Shelly and her legacy. Aww...
- For that matter, the fact that much of the dialogue in the musical (as well as some of the song lyrics) is directly from the movie. Adrienne's incredible storytelling truly lives on.