- How worried Rincewind was when Twoflower was poisoned by the druids sickle.
- A bittersweet moment comes when Twoflower, thrilled to meet the legendary (and eighty-seven-year-old) Cohen the Barbarian, starts excitedly telling Bethan all about Cohen's past adventures.A weird smile formed among the wrinkles of Cohen's face.
"I could tell him to shut up, if you like," said Rincewind.
"No, not really."
"Let him babble," said Cohen. His hand fell to the handle of his sword, polished smooth by the grip of decades. "Anyway, I like his eyes," he said. "They can see for fifty years."
- When Rincewind sees Twoflower heading towards the tower to stop Trymon he instinctively goes after him.
- It may not mean much, but this Troper thought it was sweet to see Twoflower try to help Rincewind against Trymon. And then when Trymon turned on Twoflower Rincewind attacked him before he could do anything to the tourist. Although this could have been just because it was the only opening he had, but still.
- The luggage protecting Rincewind from the mob.
- When Twoflower and Rincewind say goodbye. While it doubles as a tearjerker, its so heartwarming to think that after everything they've been through together, Rincewind really will miss the tourist.
Heartwarming / The Light Fantastic