- When Clark explains to his mother he's willing to give up his powers in order to stay with Lois, because she's everything he wants in life.
- This dialogue, right after:
- Lois: You did all that for me, I don't know what to say.
- Superman: Just say you love me.
- Also this one:
- Clark: I think... think maybe we oughta hire a bodyguard from now on.
- Lois : I don't want a bodyguard. I want the man I fell in love with.
- The moment that come right before lies between this and a funny moment: when Lois tries to attack Rocky ( the dinner brute) while Clark is depowered and cannot defend himself.
- Possibly YMMV but when Superman traps Non under a bit of debris Zod and Ursa seem genuinely angry. All together now: D'AAAAAW BEFORE ZOD!
- And Zod discovering Superman's weakness, which the viewer knows isn't one at all:Zod: "He cares. He actually cares for these Earth creatures."
- And Zod discovering Superman's weakness, which the viewer knows isn't one at all:
- Jor-El's Heroic Sacrifice to give Superman his powers back in the Donner cut.
Heartwarming / Superman II