- How does Marian fight Robin to a standstill in her first scene, then turn into a Neutral Female when captured by the Sheriff? That inconsistency always bothered me.
- It seems pretty simple to me. Against Robin, she's armed, armored, and attacks him from ambush. With the Sheriff, she's unarmed, and wearing no more armor than a nice dress.
- What did Azeem do to Fanny?
- What was done to Macduff's mother to make Macduff a man not of woman born? It was a C-section! A medieval C-section!
- Fanny was far too spry in the days afterward to have had any sort of surgery. Far more likely Azeem manually repositioned the child or, less likely, he gave Fanny an episiotomy.
- Had not considered this, honestly. I suspect his comment about 'seeing it done on horses' was meant to confirm a C-section. But can confirm that a repositioning (external cephalic version) is possible and could certainly work.
- If all he did was reposition the kid, why would he have asked Marian for needle and thread?
- There's nothing to say he actually used the needle and thread - he could have just been asking for it in case there was a tear around the cervix and she started bleeding heavily.
Headscratchers / Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves