- During the initial raid on Minden's Hall, Minalan commands one of the peasants;Minalan: Arstol, lead this group around the barn, and on my signal, kill everything with more hair than you do!
- when Min makes his demands known to the Castali high nobility, Minalan shows off his sarcasm chopsPrime Minister Kindine: Relax the Bans and destroy the status-quo, or be eaten by goblins. (sigh) Shall we offer our daughters to these warmagi too?Minalan: Could I look at the daughters, first?
- Wenek gives a...vivid description of the intelligence of the duchess of Alshar:Wenek: If you took a retarded cow, wrapped its head in a blanket, and then beat it senseless with a rock, it would still be a towering intellect next to Enora.
- Really any interaction Minalan has with the Duke of Alshar counts as this. But my here two personal favorites.Minalan: I could care less about your honor, your dignity, or your position - but you do have an army sitting outside your walls, and I want to borrow it if you aren't going to use it.
Duke Lenguin: In my own palace you seek to extort my cooperation?!
- Even the in universe crowd was laughing at this one.
- This exchange between Minalan and the Censor general :Hartarion: Have you ever heard of . . . the Forsaken?
- The fact that, up until its successful deployment, All the warmagi refer to the fire elemental in universe as "The Big Secret Weapon"
- The entire court case involving Joppo the adulterer and his ...root. particularly, the following:Minalan: Fine of two silver pennies, deducted from your bail.Husband whose wife cheated: If I let you keep the other two, Magelord, can I beat the bastard again?!Joppo quit smiling when I didn't immediately say no.
- This sentence.Minalan: If you want to see a town throw a party, slay a dragon for it sometime.
- When Lorcus casts his mass paralysis spell on a group of trolls, he then yells at them:Lorcus: My good trollish gentlmen of the shadow realm, allow me to ask you a question. Can you scratch your balls?