- Caroline, Marion's peppy co-worker, provides some. She suggests Marion take — not headache pills — but tranquilizers. Which she apparently took for her own wedding night.
- After Mr. Cassidy goes into Mr. Lowery's office, Caroline remarks that he was flirting with Marion. "He must have noticed my wedding ring."
- When Cassidy casually flashes a big wad of cash:Caroline: I declare!Cassidy: I don't. That's how I get to keep it.
- Norman nervously glancing around when Marion's still-exposed car briefly stops sinking in the swamp behind the motel.
- When Arbogast mentions that he's visited a lot of hotels over the past couple days, Norman asks if he's looking to buy one, prompting Arbogast to answer with a flat but emphatic, "NO." Even Norman chuckles at this.
- When Lila shows up at Sam's store:Sam: (to his cashier) Bob, run out and get yourself some lunch.Sam: (testily) Run out and eat it!
- The exaggerated way Sheriff Chambers pronounces "AR-bo-gast" when talking to Norman on the phone.
- The trailer, in which Alfred Hitchcock himself takes the viewer on a tour of the set and trails off when describing certain plot points.
- There's a part in the master bedroom where he opens up Mrs. Bates' wardrobe, does an Aside Glance to the audience, then quietly closes the door. In the actual film, we see Lila open that same wardrobe when she's snooping around the house. It has nothing but clothes inside. Well played, Mr. Hitchcock.
Funny / Psycho