- It's really hard not to laugh at the "Metaphor for the Atomic Bomb" achievement, even for a player reduced to a sobbing wreck by the game proper.
- The fake Game Over screen can be this after you've seen it a few times.
- Music of X-6. Yes, its creepily remixed X-2 music. But it sounds pretty silly.
- In the X-8, if you jump on a Ghuliba, it'll just revive. That's not the funny part. The funny part is, after the stomp, it ends up being reduced to a head before the body is reformed, with its eye having an expression that just screams "You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!".
- The secret ending can be easily interpreted as Black Comedy. After the player beats the level 7 on X-4, the ending plays as usual...except the landscape turns into the one from X-4, as Princess Nehema and Zee Tee turn into immobile cycloptic creatures, standing there like rocks until the player presses ESC key. Due to the fact that the soundtrack, background and the forms the two end up in are much less creepier than in two other endings, you can't help but chuckle.
Funny / Eversion