- In the middle of an argument, Ellie abruptly invites DI Hardy to dinner, her house, pick a night. You ask the boss to work, she doesn't like it but it's what people do. Hardy looks like he's been hit in the head with a brick. His panic when told you don't talk about work is wonderful:Hardy: What will we talk about?
Ellie: I don't know! Just say yes.
Ellie: Thank you! Bloody hell!
[Hardy walks away]
- The yes is less of a 'yeah' and more of a vague sound of consent.
- ...And then later he shows up with a bottle of wine. And flowers. And chocolates.
- Hardy: Wasn't sure what I should choose, so I just got them all.
- Ellie threatens a Groin Attack on the reporters harassing the Latimers, and then tells a delighted Tom, "You did not just hear that."
- Hardy tries to comfort Ellie, who is hiding in the ladies' toilet. How does he get inside? By putting a cleaning in progress sign outside and chasing off anyone else looking to come in. Becomes a brick joke when Ellie stumbles over the sign as she storms off and Hardy cringes.
- A fun fair opens right behind Hardy's house, which he didn't know would happen because the rental company forgot to mention it. His irritation does nothing to discourage Ellie's gleeful teasing.
Funny / Broadchurch