- If you think about it, Sarah's jealousy at seeing Alan taking measurements for fetish performers, and her breaking up with him, actually make perfect sense: she knows that he is into BDSM and she is not, and that his work requires him to spend a lot of time around women who are into BDSM. She realizes that sooner or later he is going to want something that she cannot give him, and that he is going to be spending a lot of time around other women who can.
- While the break-up between Lisa and Ally initially looks like it's over a misunderstanding that could've been clarified pretty quickly, hints afterward suggest that outside factors were stressing both women. To wit:
- Almost immediately after Lisa moves out, Ally's back doing contract work, and Alan calls Ally out on spending through her $500K windfall. No wonder Ally's so sore over the thought that Lisa might just be using her — Ally spent herself broke in their relationship!
- When Lisa moves out, she goes back to her family. It's shortly after confirmed that both her brothers have a thing for Ally. This, combined with Lisa's repeated proclamation that she and Ally are just friends (while personally knowing her own feelings for Ally) show that Lisa's still in the closet. In contrast, Ally doesn't seem to get that Lisa's closeted, and takes every denial of their relationship personally.
- While Marion's case of violating Safe, Sane, and Consensual is more extreme, it foreshadows that Ally does it, too — specifically, she lets her obsessions with Lisa get out of her control, nearly ruining their relationship and bankrupting Ally.
Fridge / Sunstone