Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for CLANNAD fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Serendipity by The dudeoffanfiction (AU)
- Recommended by: Phoenix Knight 6
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Sometimes the small decisions we make can change the course of our lives drastically. Whether it is deciding to take a shortcut through an unfamiliar neighborhood or deciding that keeping a promise to a friend is more important than your own personal discomfort. Tomoya doesn't realize it yet, but he has just made such a decision, and his life will never be the same.
- Comments: An enjoyable For Want of a Nail that follows a world where Tomoya and Kotomi continued to be friends after her parents' deaths. Only four chapters have been published so far, but the author has been updating fairly regularly and already there are plenty of good WAFF moments to enjoy.
Vive, Vale, Gaude by Haggath (AU)
- Recommended by: Mapi, XxChronOblivionxX
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: (After Story) Ryou Fujibayashi encounters a distraught Tomoya in the hospital where she works at. Upon learning that Ushio had died, Ryou desperately finds a way to save the Okazaki family, as a memento of how much she loved the man and his wife. She is granted a wish, and is sent back in time to the day Tomoya met Nagisa to attempt to alter the past.
- Comments: A wonderfully written story focusing on a character that didn't get enough love in the visual novel or the anime series. Unfortunately, at the time of this message (January 2, 2015), the last chapter was posted over 42 months ago (June 21, 2011). It's pretty much a Dead Fic at this point.
Clannad: Tomoya's Lost Years by jukkou (AU)
- Recommended by: Fireminer
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: (Alternate Ending to Clannad After Story) Tomoya has been left emotionally scarred by the tragic death of his late wife, spending almost an entire year in agony and depression. However, this all changes when he is unexpectedly reunited with an old friend from his high school years. It is a story of life, adulthood, and love.
- Pairing: Tomoya/Kyou
- Comments: A well-written story and might be well consider the best fic for this pairing that has ever existed.
Clannad ~Different Days~ by TranscendentOne (AU)
- Recommended by Enigmatic Warrior
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: An alternate retelling of the anime series, starting from episode 18 of season 1.
- Pairing(s): Tomoya/?note
- Comments: Often contemplative and meditative, this story is quite different from the usual Clannad fanfiction that you might run across. Written in the first-person from the perspective of the main characters in the series, the story begins in-medias res past the halfway point of the first season and slowly begins to diverge off a different path seen from the anime or the visual novel in an attempt to tell a different story that few Clannad fanfics have touched upon. Despite the differences in the events that have unfolded thus far in comparison to the anime, the author has taken painstaking measures to make sure that all of the characters stay true to themselves, with some leeway given due to the inevitable departure from the events of the anime series. Due to its length and writing style, it is not an easy read for some people, but for those willing to take the time to read this story, it’s certainly a story to behold in its own different way.