Winged Lions and Maned Wolves is a A Song of Ice and Fire fanfic that has Cersei Lannister marry Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark marries Jaime Lannister.
Tropes that appear in this fanfic:
- Arranged Marriage:
- Cersei to Rhaegar.
- Lyanna to Jaime.
- Brandon to Catelyn, though he breaks the betrothal by running away to Dorne and Ned marries Catelyn instead.
- Cool Uncle: Tyrion and Benjen for Jon.
- Death by Adaptation: Brandon Stark killed Littlefinger.
- Demoted to Extra: The Baratheons, since the Targaryens kept the Iron Throne.
- Hourglass Plot: Jaime cuckolded his King in the books/tv show. Here, he was cuckolded by Rhaegar before Jaime married Lyanna, leading to the possibility that Rhaegar is Jon's real father.
- Which turns out to not the case, not only did Lyanna make sure to drink moon tea as soon as she was able, but in the sequel, Jon's twins have inherited Jaime's green eyes.
- In Spite of a Nail: A couple things still happen despite Robert's Rebellion not occurring.
- Ned marries Catelyn and succeeds his father as Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.
- Though its later revealed to be impossible, the possibility of Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.
- I Want Grandkids: While Jon is sick with the pox, Tywin writes a pointed letter to Jaime and Lyanna, stating that they'd better have another heir or he'd be forced to take action. After that, they start laying together again.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Cersei's son Aemon is the resident crazy Targaryen. All other Aemons in the family (such as Aemon the Dragonknight and Maester Aemon) were honorable, kindhearted men.
- Runaway Bride: Brandon becomes a male example.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Lots of characters survive past what would have been Robert's Rebellion, such as Rhaegar, King Aerys, Rhaella, Brandon and Rickard Stark.