A NCIS story by Tweeter that has Tony caught in the middle of a bank robbery and the rest of the team has to rescue him and the civilians caught in the crossfire.
It can be found on fanfiction.net:
Stand Off, or I Knew I Should've Stayed Home Today
The fic was completed February 8, 2006.
Tropes for the fic:
- Badass in Distress: Tony, as he was caught in the middle of the robbery and is later seriously injured when gunfire starts going off.
- Bank Robbery: Tony is in line when the robbers take people hostage and demand money.
- Hospital Epilogue: The story ends with the team meeting with Tony in the hospital after stopping the heist and Gibbs telling him to come back to work in two weeks.
- Hostage Situation: Tony and other patrons are taken hostage while the armed robbers make their demands.
- Long Title
- Running Gag: Continues the show's tradition of people not recognizing NCIS.