Despite her work at Nerv, Maya has always shunned violence. But when she receives a fantastic gift, she must learn to fight...for everyone.
Superwomen of Eva: The 4th Degree by orionpax09 is a Superwomen of Eva story starring Bridge Bunny Maya Ibuki as Miss Fantastic, who gains the powers of all of the Fantastic Four (plus some additional powers) following a mishap involving the Eleventh Angel's attack on Nerv headquarters. Learning of the conspiracy Seele have planned, Maya plans to stop their attempt at 3rd Impact, and improve the life of series protagonist Shinji Ikari while she's at it.
- Artificial Human: Maya's "clone" Hitomi, created from Maya's DNA but with a cybernetic brain and AI system.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Maya is usually as sweet as she is in canon. Usually.
- Clones Are People, Too: Maya creates her clone Hitomi to work at Nerv in her place so nobody will know she's Ms. Fantastic. Fortunately, despite lacking a soul (which she comments on), Hitomi is pretty easy-going, and she and Maya act more like sisters than master and servant.
- Combo Platter Powers: Maya has ALL the powers of the Fantastic Four. And one or two extras inherited from Iruel. These include:
- Barrier Warrior: As with the Invisible Woman, Maya can project invisible force fields, though she thinks of them as an AT Field like those of the Angels.
- Flying Brick: A literal one giving her fire-flight powers and rocky skin.
- Healing Factor: One of the non FF powers she has from the Angel nanomachines. She can even regrow a severed limb, if painfully.
- Invisibility: Just like the Invisible Woman. It's actually the first of her powers to appear.
- Nanomachines: Courtesy of Iruel, they've been integrated into her cellular structure, granting her powers and letting her infect and hack any computer she wants.
- Nigh-Invulnerable: Of at least 3 ways, since she not only has a strong Healing Factor but can also make her body rock hard or rubbery soft. In Tempest Aterna, she even pulled her body back together after it was shattered.
- Playing with Fire: Just like the Human Torch.
- Rock Monster: Fortunately, unlike the Thing, she learns how to shift back and forth, and can change only parts of herself if she needs to.
- Rubber Man: As part of her Fantastic Four power set naturally.
- Voluntary Shape Shifting: Another "angel" power. From changing her look, to her age, to enhancing her "assets" (at Hitomi's insistence). However, it's unknown if it's as versatile as a Skrull's.
- Crossover: Ghost Rider. Miss Fantastic also appears outside her own story in Tempest Aterna (as a member of the team) and in Treacherous Web (as a rival heroine).
- Fun with Acronyms: Maya's clone is named HITOMI: Human Impersonating Techno-organic Operative with MAGI Interactivity.
- How Do I Shot Web?: Maya has trouble with her powers, especially flight, at first.
- My Beloved Smother: Maya and her sister both think of their mother this way. Mrs. Ibuki is noted to be extremely possessive of her daughters, driving off any male suitors they might have had (sometimes using physical force), and Maya herself admits to having trouble with relationships involving men as a result.
- Super Power Lottery: Maya has A LOT of powers. Didn't save her from defeat against Ghost Rider though.
- The Cameo: Stan Lee (as an unnamed kind old man) appears briefly to give Maya a confidence boost when she's wondering what to do about herself following her changes.