Two months before Luna's Return, Wind Whistler, trapped inside Discord's stone statue, muses upon her situation.
Tropes appearing in this tale include:
- Casanova Wannabe: Dr. Schwarzwald Fuchs, to Wind Whistler and Rose Petal. (Admittedly, they're the only two Pony mares in there with him).
- Dirty Communists: Dr. Schwarzwald Fuchs was this in life, over four millennia ago in the Age of Wonders. Wind Whistler finds this amusing:It was even more irritating than were his periodic attempts to convert her to his idiotic ideology, the "Scientific Socialism" for which he'd been betraying Amareica when Discord had taken him in the first place. Those, at least, could be amusing — when in the right sort of mood Wind Whistler delighted in taking his long circular arguments to pieces. She supposed she took too sadistic a joy in watching him slink away afterward ...
- Ludicrous Precision: Applied by Wind Whistler when thinking about her love life, of all things.
- Mad Mathematician: Arguably, Wind Whistler. Either that, or her love of logic and mathematics is keeping her sane in a mad situation.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Wind Whistler, even in her internal monologue.
- Slice of Unlife: Nothing very dramatic happens — Wind Whistler turns down Dr. Fuchs once again, and considers her ghostly existence within Discord.
- The Spock: Wind Whistler, as always.
- Spock Speak: Wind Whistler often does this in her internal monologue. She's very much aware that she's odd to do this, but she prefers it anyway. Wholly in character with her original presentation.Wind Whistler was well aware that most Ponies, in any historical age, would have considered her cold-blooded for thinking about love in such mathematical terms, even had they not known of the actual charts she had made on which to graph her own trend-lines regarding her romantic actions. She wasnt sure why this was; in her over six thousand years of existence, she had never really grasped why so few Ponies realized the glorious beauties of formal logic and mathematics. She had simply learned that it was unwise to bring up the topic in connection with certain emotional states. Even Megan had thought her rather odd in this respect.