Huey, Dewey and Louie have long lost hope that their mother would ever come back for them. But when they least expect it, Della Duck shows up in Duckburg with the hopes to reconnect with her boys. Soon the triplets are faced with a decision that will change their lives-one way or another. This fic crosses over DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Quack Pack and Disney Ducks comics.
This fic provides examples of:
- A Degree in Useless: Dellas definition in Donalds book. Crosses into Useless Bystander Parent as the story progresses.
- Ascended Extra: Professor Ludwig Von Drake is this fic's gift to fans.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT call Huey's relatives lunatics.
- Darker and Edgier: No one in the Disney Ducks Comics wanted to touch Huey, Dewey and Louies past because of all the unpleasant implications. It was bound to happen elsewhere.
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off: Scrooge is very intimidating on Report card Day. Well, not that much but still...
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Della and Donald, respectively. A young, irresponsible Della abandons her triplets on Donald's doorstep and disappears for over a decade. Rightfully, Donald reminds her in fury that she has no authority to tell him what to do with the boys.
- Sibling Rivalry: In the sad ways, not the hilarious ways.
- Teen Genius: Dewey is growing up to be this, faithful to his Quack Pack counterpart.
- Unfortunate Names: Why on earth would anyone call their children Hubert, or Deuteronomy? At least Louis is lucky.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Scrooge and Professor Ludwig both give Huey one after he punches a kid who was antagonizing him at school.