Eric's implied that his relationship with his father isn't all that great. When Venger takes advantage of this, it will take all his friends can offer to save Eric from the fallout of the pain Venger puts him through.
D&DC: Sins of the Father contains examples of:
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Eric by Venger
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Done twice with the brainwashed Eric. The first time is done by Diana; she fails. The second and ultimately successful attempt is done by Presto; interestingly, this one is less of a fight and more Eric is about to behead an immobile and unarmed Presto.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Eric per usual. As it turns out, his father is too.
- Like Father, Like Son: Eric and his father are both jerks a lot of the time but both of them really do care about those around them.
- Prophecy Twist: As usual in the Realm. This one was about Eric learning a lesson that would make going home worth it: his father does care about him; he just doesn't always know how to show it.
- Undying Loyalty: Presto to Eric; the Magician remains convinced that Eric would never hurt him or any of their friends even when he's chained in place with Eric holding a sword over his head.