Five: A Code Lyoko Continuation is a Fan Season-esque Code Lyoko fanfiction by Carth. The nexus of what would become Five was concieved in late 2007, around the time that the show ended, and was in the planning stages for two years- allowing just enough time for the fandom to collapse- before an attempt at starting it actually came to something.
The fic is set up as an additional (final) season for the show, separated into a buncha episodes, which may each be 3 or more chapters in length. Yes, it's one of those fics. Or at least, the author hopes it will be.
As basic as the plot can get...the story opens a week after the final episode. The late Lyoko Warriors are trying to move on with their lives as best as possible and re-integrate themselves into the world around them, though this is proving difficult, due to the scars of the final missions and their lingering clannish attitude. However, an incident involving William, Aelita, an all-night party, and Franz Hopper's diary leads to the re-activation of the supercomputer- and the discovery of a foreign probe analyzing Lyoko. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Thrown back into a world they thought they abandoned forever, Jeremie, Aelita, Ulrich, Odd, Yumi, and William now fight to defend the supercomputer from the agenda of the mysterious, elusive Project Carthage, resurrect Franz Hopper from "shards" located in the destroyed Replikas, and lift the fog surrounding the history and purpose of the powerful object they control.
The author hopes that it will be better (or at least just as good) as it sounds.
READ IT HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5367365/1/Five .
Five provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: If it didn't have an explanation in the show, Carth added one. The entire point of the fic is to fill in plot holes- and then some.
- Eating Lunch Alone: William, in the first episode.
- Love Dodecahedron: Happily made more convoluted than it already was.
- Obligatory Swearing: "Hell" and "damn" are now dropped from the get-go. Nothing much worse. Debating whether or not to include "ass".
- O.C. Stand-in: Abused to death. So far, we have...
- Thomas Jolivet: Very angry over chair-stealing.
- Matthias Burel: Friend of Alexandre Pepin. Has had a crush on Yumi ever since her clone kissed him in XANA's Kiss. Good-natured, but somewhat dim.
- Alexandre Pepin: Resident guy with The Plan. An unfeeling psychopath.
- Original Character: Many, but the most prominent is Westley Anderson, Jr., Chairman of Project Carthage, the season's new Big Bad. For a while.
- Original Flavour: Attempted, in some part.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Odd and Milly.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: Exemplifies the "sliding" part more than the "silliness" or "seriousness" parts.
- Wild Teen Party: Alex Pepin's party.