Irrilia finds the perfect gift for her grandfather with a little help from her dad and uncles.
Tropes in this fic include:
- Adaptation Expansion: In the series, the Hamato clan subsisted on worms and algae before they went to the surface and discovered human food. Here, it is revealed that they farmed the algae using a sunlamp Donnie built to cultivate it. When they stopped eating algae, they kept the lamps in storage until Michelangelo took up gardening.
- Crazy-Prepared: Mikey forsaw that Irrilia would grow impatient with the tea leaves they had just harvested and switched the bowl with a bowl of leaves that had already been prepared.Michelangelo: Because mah ninja skillz is awesome-sauce!
- Embarrassing Nickname: Mikey has taken to calling Irrilia "Rilly." While Irrilia doesn't seem to mind, her father does.Raphael: Don't call her Rilly.
- Like Father, Like Daughter: Donatello claims that while the four-year old Irrilia is usually adorable, she can be "crazy-scary" when angered, a trait he insinuates she got from Raphael.Raphael: Trust me, my temper's got nothin' on hers.
- Recursive Fanfiction: The premise of the fanfic is centered around Irrilia, a popular fanmade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) character created by Myrling.
- Rule of Cute: While Donnie thinks that the mug Irrilia gets Splinter would make a better knick-knack than a usable cup, Raphael points out that she'll expect him to actually use it.Donatello: That doesn't seem reasonable...
Raphael: She's four. She's not supposed to be reasonable. She's supposed to be cute.